Sooner or later someone will ask you to convert old footage from a VHS tape to a DVD or Hard Drive. In this tutorial I will show you the steps and equipment needed to accomplish this task.
- VCR (of course) but make sure the heads are clean and that it has RCA outputs.
- A video converter, I use Cannopus ADVC 110
- External Hard Drive-most will do, but VHS tapes can take up a lot of space.
- Connect the RCA cables from the OUT of the VCR to the IN of the video converter
- On the video converter make sure it is engaged and on digital mode (my converter will light up)
- Connect out from the video converter to your Mac via firewire (400 or 800)
Watch the video below once you have made all of the necessary connections.